Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for USAID/Mali. This contract will have three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; 2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners to generate empirical data and to foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201.
The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other USG agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
SI is seeking a Logistics Assistant to provide logistical and administrative support to the Mali MELP activity. The position will be full-time and based in Bamako, Mali for the duration of the activity.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Support the technical and operations teams in coordinating travel, venue set up, equipment, accommodation, translation, catering, etc.
- Support accountant to follow up with related individuals and suppliers on obtaining supporting documents for payment.
- Deliver important documents to vendors, banks, and government offices.
- Support the Security & Logistics Manager as needed (this may include collecting vendor quotations, purchasing office supplies, submitting bank & telecommunications payments, delivering documents to tax offices etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor, the Director of Finance and Administration.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical or vocational certificate in logistics, transportation, supply management, business administration or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of operational and administrative procedures, preferably for USAID-funded projects.
- Proven ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff members, visitors, and the general public.
- Good communication and responsive to texts and calls. Needs to be flexible for last minute requests and support as needed.
- Critical thinking mindset, proven capacity to take initiative, and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- General professional proficiency in French and English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.