Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for USAID/Mali. This contract will have three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; 2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners to generate empirical data and to foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201.
The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other USG agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) Specialist will support the Senior Evaluation Specialist in implementing Component 2 evaluation & survey service activities. The MEL Specialist will assist in conducting, supporting, and providing quality assurance to evaluations, surveys, assessments, and other studies. Additionally, the MEL Specialist will assist in providing technical guidance to USAID in developing activity TORs, provide training to Implementing Partners on MEL, and provide direct oversight of data collection activities. The MEL Specialist will also support MELP’s performance monitoring and reporting and coordinate daily operations in monitoring, reporting, and data collection.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- Participate on evaluation, survey, assessment, monitoring, and study teams as a technical team member.
- Provide support and quality assurance to evaluations, surveys, monitoring activities, assessments, and other studies.
- Manage and provide support to analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using software such as STATA and Dedoose.
- Conduct data quality assurance during data collection and data cleaning of quantitative data sets.
- Assist in providing technical guidance to USAID in developing activity scopes.
- Support MEL-related trainings for staff and Implementing Partners (IPs).
- Contribute to the design and field testing of evaluation and analytical tasks.
- Support overall management and functioning of all performance monitoring and related cross-cutting activities.
- Create effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes, and systems.
- Oversee coordination of all day-to-day operations in monitoring, reporting and data collection.
- Coordinate with the GIS & Data Management Specialist as relates to monitoring and data management for relevant activities.
- Facilitate the development of customized approaches to M&E services, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative method and results-driven approach.
- Develop efficient and high-quality data collection tools needed for M&E activities.
- Support the compiling and processing of quantitative, geographical, and qualitative data into impactful reports.
- Utilize data to make technical program recommendations.
- Support the integration of MEL into learning and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Assist the MELP management team with planning, managing, and tracking MELP’s activities.
- Any other tasks requested by the supervisor, the Senior Evaluation Specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in developing M&E systems and processes and data collection tools, providing program recommendations based on data, and integrating M&E into continuous learning.
- Experience developing M&E systems and processes and data collection tools, providing program recommendations based on data, and integrating M&E into continuous learning.
- Experience managing data and conducting data analysis with both quantitative and qualitative data using software such as STATA and Dedoose.
- Familiarity with USAID project planning and procedures.
- Ability to liaise with multiple agencies/clients .
- Proven experience and ability to effectively manage a varied workload, meeting tight deadlines and schedules.
- Good interpersonal communication and good team player.
- Excellent computer skills particularly, Microsoft office applications, including Excel, required.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple areas/hardship zones.
- Professional working proficiency in French and English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.