Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for USAID/Mali. This contract will have three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; 2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners to generate empirical data and to foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201.
The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other USG agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
SI is seeking a full-time Accountant to support the Mali MELP activity’s finance and administration activities. The accountant will work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance & Administration and will be responsible for day-to-day office expenses. The Accountant position will be full-time, based in Bamako, for the duration of the project.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- Manage cash flow, including funds transfers from SI-HQ, local currency exchange, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank accounts in collaboration with HQ Accounting as part of a month-end close process.
- Record financial transactions into the accounting system, submit each month’s expenses in a timely manner, and upload the expenses into SI’s internal website, SharePoint.
- Ensure on-time, accurate data entry, completing journal entries for non-routine expenses as necessary.
- Liaise with Director of Finance & Administration and the HQ Finance Manager to conduct a final review of vouchers and vendor invoices to ensure the maintenance of thorough financial documentation on all field transactions.
- Ensure open and competitive bidding processes on procurements, in accordance with USG policy.
- Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase requests, and purchase orders, per SI’s Procurement Policy.
- Record all approved payments for local vendors, contractors, and consultants for goods and services received.
- Liaise with vendors regularly to collect invoices and administrative forms.
- Provide cashier functions and maintain office inventory as follows: intake petty cash funds; count out petty cash to local staff based on receipts authorized in accordance with policies and procedures; record the amount counted out; and perform cash reconciliations.
- Maintain inventories and controls over project office fixed assets, such as furniture and computer equipment.
- Prepare monthly employee salary calculations based on Malian labor law and make the necessary employer’s and employees’ income tax and social security contribution payments to local authorities in a timely manner.
- BS/BA in Accounting, and/or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five years of experience with auditing, invoicing, and payroll.
Demonstrated experience with USAID accounting procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of electronic accounting systems, such as QuickBooks.
Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff members, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong facilitation, networking, and team management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Expertise in organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects is strongly desired.
- General professional proficiency in French and English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.