Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for USAID/Mali. This contract will have three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; 2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners to generate empirical data and to foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201.
The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other USG agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
SI is seeking a full-time Human Resources (HR) and Recruitment Specialist to provide administrative management and support HR tasks for local field office staff, as well as conduct full-cycle recruitment for short-term consultant and long-term employee positions for the project. The position will be full-time over the duration of the project and will be based in Bamako, Mali. The HR & Recruitment Specialist will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- On- and offboard project employees, including arranging and conducting orientations for new staff and exit interviews.
- Set up employee benefits.
- Manage social, health, and unemployment insurance as applicable.
- Manage employee files, maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Ensure proper compliance and protocols are being followed per local labor laws, SI policies, and USAID/Mali policies.
- Develop HR programs, including employee engagement and professional development initiatives.
- Support project start-up and initial work planning process.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Administration, to establish procedures for recruitment, knowledge management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
- Implement other functions relevant to the position, including regular meetings with SI Headquarters Management Team.
Lead full-cycle recruitment of staff positions and consultant teams for monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities requested by USAID. This includes:
- Posting job advertisements for appropriate job boards and newspapers.
- Sourcing qualified candidates through various means; networking with partners to increase SI’s pool of candidates.
- Screening for candidate skills, background, and quality.
- Setting up interviews for qualified candidates with other project staff members.
- Recommending finalist candidates for each position.
- Gathering and organizing candidate documents: references, CVs, conflict of interest forms, and education verification documents.
- Conducting verification of candidate references and salaries and referencing Local Compensation Plan to determine and issue reasonable salary/rate offers.
- Tailoring candidate CVs and qualifications for presentation to USAID.
- Maintaining strong relationships between candidates, the project, and SI.
- Ensuring the SI recruitment database, Taleo, is kept up to date with all candidate documentation, correspondence, interview notes, and statuses.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- At least five years of human resources experience, including experience with recruitment, preferably with an international organization or company.
- Must be fully comfortable and have prior experience using online applicant systems and candidate databases as a recruitment tool.
Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must have an understanding of Malian culture and operating environment.
- General professional proficiency in English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.