Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for USAID/Mali. This contract will have three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; 2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners to generate empirical data and to foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201.
The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other USG agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
SI is seeking a GIS and Data Management Specialist to produce static and interactive maps, tabular products, and analysis to help visualize activities & collect geographic data using geographic information systems (GIS) to fit USAID’s needs. This position will strengthen the data lifecycle through information, communication, and technology (ICT), ensuring that information is clear and digestible and can be shared with USAID and for broader learning through the DDL in accordance with ADS 579. Whether as dashboards for improved monitoring, visualization for impact evaluations (IEs), or informing studies related to agricultural assessments, the GIS and Data Management Specialist will leverage GIS and predictive analytics across all components to inform activity design and management. This position will be full time and based in Bamako, Mali for the duration of the project. [AP1] [KR2]
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- Deliver USAID/Mali with comprehensive GIS support including customized maps, dashboards, and infographics as requested to inform decision making and strengthen the data lifecycle using ICT (in accordance with USAID’s Digital Strategy).
- Bolster assessments and studies with rich, dynamic visualizations and analysis using methods such as story-mapping, proximity analysis, buffering analysis, and cluster analysis.
- Provide GIS training and mentoring and develop targeted workshops to build Mission, IP, and local MEL firm capacity to incorporate GIS and GPS data for decision making, use GIS software for simple mapping, and to analyze real data.
- Promote strong data collection techniques and data quality through traditional methods as well as innovative approaches to remote data collection.
- Provide mentorship on data collection processes, identifying weaknesses and threats to data quality, and identifying opportunities for quality control and improvement—including in the development of data collection protocols.
- Use periodic and rapid data collection to pinpoint disparities in implementation & successes in addressing key gaps within programming.
- Give additional analytical breadth and depth to geospatial analysis efforts, drawing on rich geospatial data and incorporating GIS-related data into programming at the strategy and activity levels to create prediction models using machine-learning methods.
- Ensure compliance with USAID policies related to data, including ADS 579 and the ADS 200 series related to geographic disaggregation of data for USAID-funded activities.
- Perform other real-time, on-demand analysis.
- Master’s degree in GIS and data analytics or related development field.
- Seven or more years of relevant prior experience analyzing GIS data and working on GIS and remote sensing.
- Familiarity with USAID project planning and procedures, preferably in the Malian context.
- Advanced knowledge in GIS software packages such as Esri ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Technical experience providing GIS and data collection and quality assurance capacity building to stakeholders.
- Ability to liaise with multiple agencies/clients.
- Proven experience and ability to effectively manage a varied workload, meeting tight deadlines and schedules.
- Good interpersonal communication and good team player.
- Excellent computer skills particularly windows, Microsoft office applications, required.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple areas/hardship zones.
- General professional proficiency in French and English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.