Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator – Mali Shifin ni Tagne Activity
The Candidacy Of Women is strongly encouraged
CARE is dedicated to ending poverty and improving the lives of women, girls, and vulnerable populations around the world. We do this through meaningful partnerships with social justice movements, local civil society groups and broad networks of organizations focused on social inclusion. We are locally led, globally connected, and committed to advocating for the rights and inclusion of marginalized, under-represented populations around the world. We believe the inclusion of every individual, regardless of their identity, is essential in helping to transform societies and improve quality of life.
CARE seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator for the anticipated USAID-funded Cross-Sectoral Youth activity in Mali. The project will enable vulnerable and marginalized Malian youth in the regions of Bamako, Mopti and Segou to become educated, healthy, and productive citizens while building their resilience to recurrent crises. The Activity will focus on an integrated program that includes basic education, workforce development, media literacy to counter disinformation, youth entrepreneurship, and reproductive health.
The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for directing and overseeing the MEL systems of the project. They will design the MEL framework, manage information flows, and report to the Chief of Party (COP). The coordinator will supervise MEL reporting functions to systematically generate, share, synthesize and apply data for learning and adaptive management.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25 million range.
This position is subject to project award and funding. National candidates are encouraged to apply. The position will be based in Bamako, Mali.
- In collaboration with CoP, provide technical leadership and oversight for developing M&E systems, tools, and procedures, and avail and promote the use of information to guide performance management through well analyzed, rapid and timely feedback.
- Develop overall framework for project MEL systems including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys. Develop and monitor the project monitoring plan to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and leadership team.
- Ensure alignment of M&E and Learning activities with program goals and annual work plans, contributing to the development of both.
- Conduct field visits for data validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets. Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Capture and document lessons learned, and champion the scaling up best practices.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donors, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing MEL systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting.
- Support the Chief of Party in coordinating the mid-term and final project evaluations.
- Design and implement community feedback mechanisms and training.
- Develop and lead knowledge management, facilitate communities of practice and social networking, as well as facilitate organizational learning.
- Build and maintain partnerships and productive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- University degree required. Masters degree in statistics, M&E, international development, Demography, or a related field preferred.
- 7+ years senior management experience in project monitoring, evaluation, research, learning and adaptation in a developing country setting.
- Previous experience managing M&E on USG-funded programs of a similar size and scope.
- Knowledge of ICT for M&E and data visualization skills.
- Experience in youth empowerment measurement and proven experience in developing indicators to measure the success of the program.
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge in implementing and design of quantitative and qualitative research as well as use and programmatic application of research for quality assurance and program improvement. Significant previous experience working in conflict, crisis situations, or volatile operating contexts preferably in West or Central Africa.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, donor relations and consortium/partner management experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH).
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
The application dossier should hold the following mention on the envelope or in the subject line of your email message « Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator« . The application comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, certified copies of the candidate’s degrees /diplomas and certificates of work and 3 professional references must be sent throught its email address: email@example.com no later than close of business on September 30, 2023.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A MENTION » Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator » WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE Mali has an excellent national and international reputation for its seriousness and professionalism, and actively combats any form of fraud or attempted fraud and any sort of corruption or attempted corruption.