Deputy Chief of Party, Mali – Mali Shifin ni Tagne Activity
The Candidacy Of Women is strongly encouraged
CARE is dedicated to ending poverty and improving the lives of women, girls, and vulnerable populations around the world. We do this through meaningful partnerships with social justice movements, local civil society groups and broad networks of organizations focused on social inclusion. We are locally led, globally connected, and committed to advocating for the rights and inclusion of marginalized, under-represented populations around the world. We believe the inclusion of every individual, regardless of their identity, is essential in helping to transform societies and improve quality of life.
CARE seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Cross-Sectoral Youth activity in Mali. The project will enable vulnerable and marginalized Malian youth in the regions of Bamako, Mopti and Segou to become educated, healthy, and productive citizens while building their resilience to recurrent crises. The Activity will focus on an integrated program that includes basic education, workforce development, media literacy to counter disinformation, youth entrepreneurship, and reproductive health.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will lead technical oversight of the project throughout implementation. The DCOP reports directly to the COP and will ensure high-quality technical implementation of proven interventions that are responsive to project goals and reporting requirements.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25 million range.
This position is subject to project award and funding. National candidates are encouraged to apply. The position will be based in Bamako, Mali.
- Lead technical implementation: define, integrate and adapt project activities adhering to current CARE and USAID guidelines, regulations and policies. Support COP to achieve project objectives in collaboration with partners and technical teams.
- Manage staff and partner capacity building to enhance technical quality and learning.
- Supervise teams of technical experts, building a high-morale and high-productivity team approach across technical areas. Create an enabling working environment that encourages open and honest communication between all levels of personnel in keeping with CARE’s core values.
- Engage with M&E team on monitoring, evaluation and learning; contribute to and/or directly manage donor reporting.
- Ensure that the project leverages all opportunities to contribute to CARE’s broader program goals in Mali and globally.
- Ensure that the project deliveries are achieved on time.
- Ensure positive youth development approaches are embedded in all activities.
- Manage work planning, budgeting and performance reporting.
- University degree required. Masters degree in social sciences, international development, or a related field preferred.
- 8+ years senior management experience in international, donor-funded projects, preferably including Deputy Chief of Party, Program Director or Technical Lead experience on USAID projects.
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge in design and management of integrated, cross sectoral programs that include youth, education, workforce development, media literacy, economic empowerment/entrepreneurship, and/or reproductive health components. Familiarity with USAID guidance on Positive Youth Development, Gender and other related policies.
- Significant previous experience working in conflict, crisis situations, or volatile operating contexts preferably in West or Central Africa.
- Ability to recruit, manage, motivate and lead diverse, multi-cultural teams.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, donor relations and consortium/partner management experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH).
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
The application dossier should hold the following mention on the envelope or in the subject line of your email message « Position: Deputy Chief of Party, Mali« . The application comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, certified copies of the candidate’s degrees /diplomas and certificates of work and 3 professional references must be sent throught its email address: email@example.com no later than close of business on September 30, 2023..
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A MENTION » Deputy Chief of Party, Mali » WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE Mali has an excellent national and international reputation for its seriousness and professionalism, and actively combats any form of fraud or attempted fraud and any sort of corruption or attempted corruption.