Manager – Finance
ICRISAT seeks highly motivated and qualified Finance professionals to lead the financial management and grants function in WCA. The incumbent will supervise and mentor Finance Officers and other finance team members in West and Central Africa (WCA) locations in addition to providing hands-on, cradle-to-grave management of discretionary grant portfolios, including those in high risk and/or complex environments. The incumbent will be reporting to the General Manager – Global Finance and Regional Director Africa.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit – www.icrisat.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to monthly control result and quarterly KPI to General Manager-Global Finance and Regional Director Africa
- Identify enhancements of the accounting feeding process and liaise with regional finance project and systems for the streamlining or automation
- Consolidate and review submissions from business units and functions, drill down to the underlying business drivers and provide senior management within depth analysis of the business performance.
- Provide Africa division IA Quarterly Review deck with high quality commentary ensuring clarity and relevance
- Proactively look for better ways to provide the information through improved analysis and streamlined reporting process
- Manage project as required on expenses approved by donor as per the agreement
- Conduct various financial analyses as required by management strategies and decision making on adhoc basis
- Responsible for Managing Accounts and Finance and to provide support to finance team members at WCA locations
- Be involved in pursuing new business opportunities
- To be responsible for providing reporting guidance and leadership in the region
- Responsible for Managing Treasury, Foreign Exchange, Disbursements, Tax Fillings, various staff liabilities etc
- Coordinate and consolidate the forecasting and planning process and provide analysis and insight on the underlying assumptions and risk
- Leading the accounting function and be responsible for the GL. BRS, Debtors etc.
- A qualified Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in regional finance function
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an accounting environment with 3 years in a management role
- Ability to adapt to new situation and experience in Stakeholder management
- Experience with multiple projects and multi-cultural environment
- Managing track record of coaching / mentoring staff, managing performance and developing people
- Experience on Oracle will be preferred
- Good communicator and team player.
- Strong working knowledge of MS office suite, especially MS Excel is a must
- Travelling across regions is mandatory
This is a contractual role for a period of 36 months (3 years’).
How to apply
Applicants should apply on or before 15 June 2023 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer