Local Statistical Expert, Strategy Baseline Survey
USAID Mali Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform
Social Impact, Inc. (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors, including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US Government (USG) agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits. SI is currently implementing the USAID Mali Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform. Under the MEL Platform’s Component 2 – Evaluation Services and Surveys, SI will carry out the Strategy Baseline Survey.
The USAID Mali Mission requires the services of the MEL Platform to carry out a baseline survey to measure the outcome variables that will enable USAID Mali to track the general success of its 2023-2027 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). USAID’s CDCS goal will contribute to Malian efforts to advance a more stable, peaceful, and resilient country. USAID will pursue this goal through an integrated approach across Development Objectives (DOs). DO1: improved governance for stronger democratic institutions; DO2: solidified and deepened development gains (health, education, economic) in targeted areas; and Special Objective (SpO): improved outcomes across the humanitarian-development-peace (HDP) nexus to save lives and increase resiliency. This strategic approach focuses on protecting and preserving prior development gains while enhancing collaboration and coordination across humanitarian assistance (HA) and development assistance (DA) investments to advance resiliency and stabilization.
The new strategy also represents a deliberate effort to break down barriers between humanitarian and development assistance to maximize the short- and longer-term benefits of USG investments (SpO). Underpinning the approach are scenario-based planning options that will rely on analytical data collected through USAID’s Mali MEL Platform to inform programming decisions.
SI is seeking a Local Statistical Expert (LSE) to support USAID Mali Mission’s Strategy Baseline Survey. This position requires field visits within Mali. Work experience with USAID will be an asset and fluency in French is required and English is highly preferred. Local/Malian candidates who meet the specified qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
The LSE will be responsible for designing the Strategy Baseline Survey, oversee the data collection, analysis and contribute to the report. The LSE must be a trained statistician with more than 10 years of experience designing and analyzing surveys in an evaluation context. The LSE must have demonstrated and documented track record of data analysis involving comparison of subgroups or two different populations using statistical methods.
Under the supervision of the MEL Platform Chief of Party (COP) in Mali, work directly with the Strategy Baseline Survey Team Leader (TL) at the field level to design and implement the research. The LSE will work with the TL and contribute to the overall management of the research products, including the timely production of high-quality deliverables associated with this public polling in conformity with this Statement of Work responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of all deliverables, the Work plan, Updated Mission Performance Management Plan, the Strategy Baseline Survey Design (including methodology, instruments, Budget), the In-briefing and the out-briefing, the draft baseline survey Report, and the final Strategy Baseline Report,
- Support the TL in performing desk review and identifying additional information required for analysis.
- Facilitate the work of the local data collection firm mobilized to support data collection including, quality control checking, daily feedback to the firm, in hard-to-reach areas,
- Support the TL in the technical review of the local data collection firm’s processes for cleaning qualitative and quantitative data, support the data analysis,
- Assist the TL in the preparation and presentation of Strategy Baseline Survey design, key findings, conclusions, and recommendations to USAID.
- Write selected sections of the draft Strategy Baseline Survey report, taking into consideration feedback from USAID after presentations and workshops.
- Support the TL to provide written responses to USAID comments on the draft report and support production of the final report,
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- A trained statistician with more than 10 years of experience designing, analyzing, and coordinating large-scale surveys.
- Demonstrated and documented track record of data analysis involving comparison of subgroups or different populations using statistical methods, in Mali or West Africa.
- Experience in coordinating large-scale surveys in Mail and Western Africa is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work experience with USAID and conducting Strategy Baseline Survey will be an asset.
- Malian nationals are strongly preferred.
- Fluency in French is required. Fluency in English is highly desired and knowledge of local languages will be an asset.
The deadline for application is August 18, 2023. Suitable candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
Please apply directly on our Careers page here: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=39&rid=4550
Join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.