Position: Digitalization Officer
Grade: 10 Min
Closing date: September 11th, 2023
Organization: Strømme Foundation
Department/ Division: PMEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
Working place: Bamako, Mali
Duration of the contract: 1-year, full time, with possibility of extension
About the workplace
Strømme Foundation is a rights-based development NGO that works towards a vision of a world free from poverty. Our most important interventions in the fight against poverty are education, economic inclusion / job creation and a strong civil society. This gives hundreds of thousands of people the opportunity to climb out of poverty, every year.
We are a decentralised organisation. With offices in West Africa, East Africa and Asia consisting only of local employees, we work through local partners in 11 countries. We implement our programmes through local partner organisations.
Our Organisational Headquarters is in Kristiansand, Norway, and has a coordinating, capacity building and fundraising role. Around 35 staff work in Kristiansand, and a total of 150 staff work for Strømme Foundation worldwide.
Our Regional Office in Mali is currently looking for one (01) Qualified and self-reliant Candidate to be part of its team as digitalization Officer to provide guidance in digital projects to regional staff, partners, and SF global projects in West Africa.
Summary of the position
The digitalisation officer will be responsible for providing guidance in digital projects to regional staff, partners, and SF global projects. The projects are related to data collection and analysis, as well as development of education technology solutions in collaboration with commercial actors. The role is instrumental in enabling Strømme Foundation to digitalise its systems and program interventions. The position reports to the PMEAL advisor in West Africa, with technical link to the SF Head of PMEAL.
Main responsibilities are:
- Coordination and technical support of digitalisation projects in Strømme Foundation West Africa
- Co-facilitate an education technology market analysis.
- Be part of digitalisation Reference Groups
- Collaboration with local NGOs, international NGOs, public education sector and other stakeholders
- Plan and conduct project pilots and field testing
- Capacity building of SF staff and partners
- Minimum 5 years of relevant higher education within fields such as technology, data analysis, statistics, databases, education and/or business
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a proven track record in project coordination, digital solutions, or other relevant fields.
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
- Proactive and autonomous, while also a good team player.
Strømme Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and is certified as a gender equality workplace.