Design Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Bamako, Mali
Contract type: Full time
Process number: R24237
Repport to HEA
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Affectation internationale – Durée déterminée (durée déterminée)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position holder will be responsible for ensuring that key standards in design, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning as well as in beneficiary targeting process are met in all projects cycle from start up to the close-out. He or she will lead the measurement of progress made in the project implementation as regards to the achievement of set indicators.
Planning, Assessment & Design:
- Ensure that all response projects are based on analysis of context and data needs that will trigger assessment(s).
- Ensure assessment team understands necessary data requirements and provide training and guidance on data collection methodologies.
- Conduct and compile rapid assessments and assessments data and lead the analysis (including primary, secondary data, and observational data and community feedback) with the assessment team, leading to a clear go/no-go decision on moving to design as agreed with sector leads.
- Analyze needs assessment data and provide recommendations for the response and subsequent projects designs.
- Contribute to the development of the response strategy and Review NO Strategy, context analysis and assessment findings for design recommendations.
- Coordinate project design, working with other project team members to follow a process that includes appropriate community, government and partners engagement while also adhering to global humanitarian standards of the relevant sectors.
- Using the information from community engagement, work with Technical Leads to adapt projects log frames and propose indicators from the compendium of indicators or based on donor’s guideline.
- Ensure that all projects design documents and appendices are completed and reviewed before submission to donors. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure response is meeting the needs of vulnerable children and their families.
- Ensure the overall projects design incorporates WV (DM & EMS), international humanitarian standards (i.e. Sphere, DADDs, CWBOs, PAF, etc).
- Plan and manage projects baselines, evaluations and reviews to meet donor and organizational requirements. Develop projects monitoring tools/system that integrates project relevant indicators and related requirements. Prepare Indicator Tracking Table (ITT), monitoring reports and share with Operations on a monthly basis.
- Provide regular, accurate, timely, reliable an evidence-based monitoring and evaluation data analysis for decisions making regarding projects implementation.
- Measure projects progress against objectives and report on WVs contribution towards the achievement of child well-being.
- Provide summaries of community-based data to support program adaptation and improvement of projects objectives. Train staff and partners on monitoring and data collection technics.
- Conduct periodic spot checks on activities to verify that activities are ongoing as planned; report on these to highlight successes and concerns.
- Ensure that all projects’ evaluations are done and reports disseminated as appropriate.
- Support projects improvement, reflection, learning and innovation.
Accountability and Reporting:
- Support the development of regular weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of project specific reporting.
- Lead the government and community participation specially when targeting process is conducted so that false inclusion and exclusion can be minimized.
- Support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and to international humanitarian standards, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, evaluation and implementation.
- Review and ensure that all projects are reporting against planned activities as intended for the target beneficiaries.
- Develop Plans of Action that address evaluation, review recommendations and monitor implementation.
- Assess and Reinforce Community Feedback Mechanism.
Learning & Innovation:
- Ensure that project evaluations lead to learning and innovation.
- Help establish a continuous learning and improvement environment amongst staff to ensure increasing levels of quality.
- Lead the preparation of Most Significant Change stories, using qualitative monitoring approaches to identify successes that can then be used for reporting and marketing purposes.
- Work with the Communications team to produce and publish relevant case studies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A university degree or equivalent, with multi sector and cross-functional skills acquired through formal education and
- work experience. 5 years of experience in a developing country, in assessments, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, and evaluation and monitoring (required).
- Knowledge of and adherence of World Vision Code of Conduct. Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission statement.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- HEAT certified or other equivalent security training.
- Some certifications in M&E, assessment and rapid assessment or equivalent.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven team management and coordination skills.
- Knowledge of SPHERE Standards, the compendium of indicators, requirements of major humanitarian donors. Good enough French and strong English communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Strong knowledge of remote data collection tools (Kobo toolbox, ODK, ONA)
- Strong knowledge of data analysis tools like, Power BI, Table, Dashboards
- Ability to create map using GIS tools (ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Ability to build strong relationships with local communities, partners and government authorities.
- Ability to maintain performance expectation in diverse cultural context, psychologically stressful environment and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Proven ability to coordinate and/or integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
- Must be prepared to work in conflict-prone areas and live under basic and harsh conditions.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview emotional maturity and physical stamina.
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 60% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
To apply, click on this link : https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/fr-FR/WorldVisionInternational/job/DM-E-Coordinator_R24237