01 Vacant Position advertisement: USAID/Mali Executive Office – Administrative Assistant (Roving)
For detailed minimum requirements, applicants must refer to the Full Statement of Duties and the qualification requirements available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers or https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
REF No.:72068824R10003 (must be inserted in the subject line of the email)
GRADE LEVEL: 9,013,183 – 13,970,431 FCFA equivalent to FSN-7. In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/Mali. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
ELIGIBLE OFFERORS: Cooperating country national (CCN) – an individual who is a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
This position is located in the Human Resources Management Office (HRM). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Roving Administrative Assistant (RAA) providing Mission-wide support to the different offices/teams as the need arises, and as such, perform a comprehensive range of procedural, administrative and secretarial functions. The primary function is to provide program, administrative and secretarial coverage for Administrative Assistants who are on leave or away from post. Additionally, the Roving Administrative Assistant will support Offices/Teams with occasional clerical and administrative tasks as the need arises and schedule permits. Mission-wide clerical and administrative tasks will be coordinated by Human Resources Management Office. The Roving Administrative Assistant must be multi-talented and able to assist with a variety of administrative tasks.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative and Programmatic Support (70%)
Filing: RAA establishes and maintains files according to standards set by the Mission Records and Correspondence Management Supervisor in the Executive Office and by USAID/Washington and marks correspondence and other documents for filing, and files accordingly according to staff needs and the ADS.
Correspondence: RAA assists with reviewing incoming correspondence, routing and logging correspondence, drafting, editing and finalizing outgoing correspondence, and making copies of correspondence as needed. The RAA maintains control of the organization, establishes and maintains computerized tracking systems to track actions, receives and screens mails, drafting non-technical responses to routine correspondences and letters.
Information Management: RAA tracks records, files and other documentation to ensure efficient management of information within the office. Responsible for small copying tasks, or routing tasks to the business center, if appropriate. Responsible for ensuring that reports and other information and documentation is appropriately routed and distributed.
Document Management: RAA tracks all documents in clearance within the Mission and with outside partners. Assists program assistant in tracking MAARDS and other contract documents.
Telephone and Reception: RAA ensures phones are answered and either responds, routes and drafts messages for all incoming calls. Assists with placing international calls. Receives escorts and orients visitors.
Time and attendance: RAA ensures timely submission of Time and Attendance reports for US Direct Hires (USDH), Third Country Nationals and Personal Services Contractors (PSC). Coordinates personnel evaluations, training and leave plans.
Property and Maintenance: RAA maintains and tracks office equipment and supplies. Requisitions non-expendable property and office supplies as needed; submits maintenance and repair requests.
Software and Computer Support: RAA serves as one of the offices/teams’ resident software troubleshooter and liaises with the Information Systems’ office. Provides support in basic software, formatting, document preparation, printer and copier functions, hardware maintenance, spares and consumables availability. S/he will assist contractors and grantees in their visa applications for U.S. trainings.
Programmatic Support: RAA provides programmatic backup support, including providing partners and clients with information on matters and issues which do not involve subjects of specialized or substantive questions. May assist as needed by providing program assistance once adequate competency is developed. Develops a working relationship with partners and appropriate officials to facilitate the flow of documentation and information, and to assist with program coordination.
Travel and Logistical Support (30%)
Travel Support: RAA organizes and ensures that travel by all office/team members and implementing partners follow official USAID procedures. Makes travel, hotel and motor pool arrangements. Ensures that all required travel documents (e.g. Visas) are prepared. Prepares country clearances for official staff. Prepares travel requests and travel vouchers according to official policies.
Logistical Support: RAA provides logistical support for office/team members, contractors and TDYers as requested by the supervisor. Arranges logistical, administrative or management support such as scheduling and helping to organize meetings, visitor processing and support, and coordinating arrangements and schedules. Coordinates and assists with the organization of meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required. Possession of Certificate after completion of Business or Secretary School is required.
- Prior Work Experience: At least three years progressively responsible experiences in secretarial, administrative or clerical with USG Agency, Non-Government Organizations (NGO), other donor organizations, host government organizations or private sector institutions is required.
- Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) English proficiency and Level IV (fluent) French proficiency are required.
- Job Knowledge: A good working knowledge of the nature and goals of the program to which assigned is required. A sound knowledge of USG principles, techniques, and practices of the occupational field of specialization is required. Some knowledge of host-country characteristics and development history is required. A general knowledge of USG programming methods and procedures is necessary, particularly in the area of document dissemination and handling. Must have the ability to file electronically documents in using available information system. S/he must have the ability to monitor office/team database where incoming and outgoing information are maintained.
- Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to establish and maintain counterpart contacts in host-government implementing agencies and related private-sector organizations. Ability to obtain, organize, analyze, evaluate, and present information and to organize and draft clear concise reports which are principally based on fact but occasionally methodical. Ability to coordinate the work of lower-level employees, when required by the assignment. S/he must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. S/he is expected to prepare correspondence documents in English and/or French. Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications including typing skills in English and French are required. The incumbent must have professional self-confidence and maturity to make down-to-earth judgments.
Full statement of duties and qualification requirements are available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers or https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS:
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications noted above. For applicants meeting the minimum qualifications, further consideration and selection will be based on panel assessment of the selection factors listed below.
- Prior Work Experience: 30 points
- Job Knowledge :30 points
- Skills and Abilities : 40 points
Applicants may address each of the selection factors on a separate sheet or directly in the cover letter.
For detailed minimum requirements, applicants must refer to the Full Statement of duties and the qualification requirements available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers or https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
TO APPLY: All CV/Resumes and cover letters must be in English, otherwise the application package is incomplete and will be rejected.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following required documents:
- Eligible Offerors are required to complete, sign, and submit the offer form AID 309-2 (Offeror Information for Personal Services Contracts with Individuals): https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-309-2
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) relevant to the position for which the applicant is applying.
- Cover letter of not more than two (2) pages describing how the incumbent’s skills and experience fit the requirements of the subject position and meet the evaluation factors set in this solicitation.
- Applicants are required to provide five (5) Professional References with complete contact information including email address and telephone number(s). References should have knowledge of the candidate’s ability to perform the duties set forth in the solicitation and must not be family members or relatives.
- Copy of Degrees/Diploma, or any relevant Certificates, or Recommendation Letters submitted in a simple searchable PDF file.
- Applicants must provide their full mailing address with telephone numbers, email address and should retain for their records copies of all enclosures that accompany their submissions.
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3, and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section I, item 4 of the Solicitation.
- Applicant submissions must clearly reference the Solicitation number on all documents to ensure consideration of the application package. Email subject line must be: [Solicitation number 72068824R10003] – [CANDIDATE NAME]
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION: Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: 72068824R10003 in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Section: email@example.com with the above reference in the subject line.
CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR THIS POSITION: DECEMBER 4, 2023, AT 5 P.M. BAMAKO TIME