Social Impact est une société de conseil en gestion du développement mondial. Nous fournissons des services de suivi, d'évaluation, de planification stratégique et de renforcement des capacités pour faire progresser l'efficacité du développement.
Senior Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) Consultant – USAID/Mali Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform
Social Impact, Inc. (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors, including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for USAID/Mali. This contract will have three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; 2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning, and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners in generating empirical data and fostering learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201. The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other USG agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
SI is seeking a Senior TPM Consultant to support the Third-Party Monitoring activities for the project. The Senior TPM Consultant is an expert with significant experience in monitoring, evaluation, TPM, and research within Mali. They shall also be responsible for technical work in preparing and implementing the TPM activities following SI’s TPM processes while providing quality deliverables.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- Lead the technical implementation of the TPM activities in accordance with the TPM process of SI in Mali.
- Lead the planning and execution of the TPM tasks and work closely with local data collection partners. Tasks shall include developing and finalizing tool kits, data collection tools, and data collection schedules; and training local partners, data collectors, and supervisors.
- Lead the technical data collection protocols and supervise data collection work by the local partners. Data collection protocols shall include personally interviewing key informants, conducting focus group discussions, ensuring site inspections and photo taking, and supervising data collection.
- Ensure high-quality data during data collection and data cleanup and analysis.
- Lead ongoing and progressive data analysis and developing TPM findings and conclusions based on SI flagging system and data visualization and reporting templates.
- Ensure production and completion of quality reports and TPM products.
- Master’s degree in development or a related development field, such as Statistics, Economics, Evaluation Sciences, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other discipline related to development assistance.
- At least eight years of relevant experience in project monitoring and survey design, preferably in Africa, including three years of TPM work.
- Experience developing TPM tools, policies, protocols, and materials, as well as training and supporting staff in effectively using these resources.
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on the data collection and management policies and practices of data collection firms.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and/or directly overseeing local partners and teams in data collection.
- Experience strengthening the capacity of external organizations or firms is preferred.
- Commanding knowledge of USAID project planning and procedures for development and humanitarian activities.
- Proven experience and ability to effectively manage a varied workload, meeting tight deadlines and schedules.
- Excellent computer skills are required particularly in statistical software, qualitative analysis, and visualization tools/software, windows, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent writing skills.
- General professional proficiency in French and English (ILR level 3).
The deadline for application is February 24, 2023.
Please apply directly on SI’s Career page here: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=39&rid=4371
Join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.