Senior Monitoring Specialist, USAID/Mali Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform
Social Impact, Inc. (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform (period of performance: November 2022 – November 2027) is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for USAID/Mali. The contract has three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; 2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning and Adaptive Management, and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners to generate empirical data and to foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201.
The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other US government agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
SI is seeking a Senior Monitoring Specialist to lead and manage all monitoring activities conducted under this contract, including third-party monitoring (TPM). This is a full-time position based in Bamako for the duration of the five-year project (November 2022 – November 2027).
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- Design, manage, and coordinate technical aspects of the MEL contract.
- Lead all monitoring activities, including site visits, public opinion polls, and beneficiaries’ surveys.
- Oversees and coordinates activities related to the TPM component and ensures production and completion of quality reports.
- Supervise long-term project staff and consultants.
- Coordinate with the COP, other component leads, and SI HQ to ensure timely submission of high-quality deliverables.
- Master’s degree in development or a related development field, such as Economics, Evaluation Sciences, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other discipline related to development assistance.
- At least eight years of relevant prior monitoring experience on international development programs, preferably in Africa.
- At least five years of project management experience.
- Experience developing TPM tools, policies, protocols, and materials as well as training and supporting staff in the effective use of these resources.
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on the data collection and management policies and practices of data collection firms.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in and/or directly overseeing teams engaged in data collection.
- Experience strengthening the capacity of external organizations or firms is preferred.
- General professional proficiency in French and English (ILR level 3).
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.