Senior Manager – Regional Administration
ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of « Senior Manager – Regional Administration ».
The position will be based at ICRISAT, Bamako, Mali and report to the Regional Director – Africa.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non- political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT works with global partners to develop innovative science backed solutions to overcome hunger, malnutrition, poverty and environmental degradation, serving the 2.1 billion people who reside in the drylands of Asia, sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. The Institute is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana, India and has regional centers in Mali and Kenya, with dedicated research stations in Niger, Nigeria, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Senegal.
ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropic. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. The approach is through partnership-based international agricultural research-for- development that embodies Science with a Human Face.
- Assist Africa Regional Director and Country Representatives to set up country and regional-specific governance mechanisms and risk control strategies;
- Support the region to maintain a strong professional and community network of external stakeholders;
- Maintain close collaboration between nationally recruited staff and globally recruited staff within the hub on one hand and liaise with HR and administrative staff at HQ to address routine administrative issues/queries.
- Handle all the relevant statutory compliances of the regional offices in West Africa as per respective country laws
- Under the supervision of the Regional Director – Africa and in liaison with Country Representatives for Niger and Nigeria, he/she will:
- Provide logistical support and review/update information administrative information systems for the region;
- Handle translation and ensure circulation of memos, directives, circulars issues by Management in English and French;
- Serve as focal point for CCERS, audit/program and projects evaluation exercises, recruitment processes to fill approved positions;
- Managing the insurance coverages, social security, relevant taxation matters for the region;
- Ensuring consistent and transparent application of institutional policies under all circumstances,
- Establishing a prioritized staff management approach through an open and supportive environment
- Taking into consideration team strengths, development priorities, and departmental and work team accountabilities, when distributing tasks and accountabilities
- Liaise with security officers of International NGOs, Diplomatic Missions and respective National Authorities to monitor and update the Regional Director on security-related issues and staff safety for decision-making.
- Review and update emergency plans for Management’s perusal
- Identify and compile capital needs for the review by the Regional Director.
- Master’s Degree in Business/Administrative Management or a practical experience handling administrative/personnel and security issues in an international NGO.
- At least five years of experience working in administration, logistics and human resource management, preferably in the West and Central African Region
- Ability to facilitate multi-locational administrative processes/procedures
- Hands-on problem-solver with strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and as a team member
- Affinity with team-building approaches, capacity strengthening and facilitation of training
- Ability to coordinate logistics for major events
- Ability to manage tasks independently or with limited supervision to meet agreed timelines
- Willingness and be physically fit to travel frequently
- Knowledge of labor regulations within the region; proficiency in written/spoken English and French are essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and electronic communication
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 21 August 2023 on https://careers.icrisat.org/careers/jobs?id=MTc2 ; with a letter of motivation, latest curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer