Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform is to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for USAID/Mali. This contract will have three major components: 1) USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism; (2) Evaluation Services and Surveys; and 3) Collaborating, Learning and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
The MEL Platform will assist USAID/Mali and its partners to generate empirical data and to foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Mali to comply with USAID’s monitoring and evaluation guidance as mandated in the Automated Directives System (ADS), especially in ADS 201.
The principal customers for this MEL Platform contract will be USAID/Mali staff, other USG agencies, USAID implementing partners, Malian Government counterparts, and relevant offices in USAID/Washington.
SI is seeking a Senior Communication Specialist to support this project’s communications component. This is a full-time position to be based in Bamako for the duration of the five-year project, contingent upon contract award.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Malian citizenship will be considered.**
- Take high quality photographs for USAID/Mali use during M&E site visits.
- Draft social media posts for Mission use on Twitter and Facebook.
- Develop USAID standard success stories as well as content for use on the USAID/Mali Medium blog and Exposure page that incorporate M&E data.
- Summarize and package key results data from M&E activities in visually attractive ways based on USAID Graphics Standards design guidance for public dissemination.
- Produce 10 videos annually in English and French subtitles about USAID’s work in Mali.
- Monitor and report on implementing partner branding and marking compliance during M&E site visits.
- Coordinate with the USAID/Mali DOC Team to ensure that public opinion polling and baseline studies capture data for use in strategic communications planning and assessment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in communications, journalism or other discipline related to communication or radio broadcasting.
- A minimum of five years of progressive professional experience in the field of communication.
- Experience leading a team of communications professionals.
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) concepts preferred.
- Solid competence in written and oral communications.
- General professional proficiency (ILR Level III) in English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.