ICRISAT is seeking applications for the position of Consultant Compact Accountant TAAT to Sorghum and Millet to support the activities of Global Research Program on Resilient Farm and Food Systems (GRP-RF&FS). The selected consultant will be based in Bamako, Mali for the implementation of Sorghum and Millet Value Chain Compact under the contract of TAAT Sorghum and Millet value chain.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi- arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these disadvantaged populations to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agricultural production systems.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics.
ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid. Please visit www.icrisat.org
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Consultant shall establish a functional accounting and financial system; prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Record scientific data periodically on growth and yield parameters as well as undertake crop cutting experiments to record yields and other benefits
- Produce regular reports on commitments and available funds per categories of expenditure
- Prepare expenditures justification and disbursement and direct payment requests for Bank approvals; keep regular communication with the TAAT PMU to expedite the processing of special account replenishment and direct payments requests and provide any additional information
- Report in a timely manner to the Compact Coordinator and upon Bank?s request on the financial status of the project
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Develop, implement, update, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Provide internal auditing services for project in conformity with ICRISAT internal audit procedures and the appraisal report, the grant protocol and the disbursement letter of the project
- Assist and provide needed information by Bank supervision missions and external financial audit missions and work in collaboration with the Compact Coordinator on the implementation of the audit recommendation
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual work plan and budget particularly for the financial parts
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual and quarterly reports particularly on the financial parts
- Assist the Compact Coordinator in ensuring compliance with Bank financial management rules and procedures and the guidelines rules contained in the administrative and financial management manual
- Assist the Compact Coordinator in the administrative management of the project team personnel
- The selected consultant should possess a University degree in accounting with 3 – 5 years’ experience in handling the accounting and financial matters of Research & Development projects or similar projects
- Chartered Professional Accountant Certification (CPA) is an added value
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate with peers and management at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills, with expertise in Microsoft Excel, a very good knowledge and experience on SunSystems6 as well as other business operating systems
- Strong organizational abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong client-service orientation and good experience with projects funded by international donors is desirable
General: this is a contractual position for a period of 12 [Twelve] months.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 06 December 2023, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
LOGIN HERE TO APPLY: link
ICRISAT offers a rewarding career opportunity in dryland agricultural research to have a lasting impact on millions of lives and communities. The state-of-the-art research infrastructure with high performance culture, ICRISAT provides global exposure and learning. For more details, visit www.icrisat.org
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer