For detailed minimum requirements, applicants must refer to Common Services Assistant – Anticipatory staffing process 117417-6 – The Embassy of Canada to Mali (international.gc.ca)
Selection Process Nº: 117417-6
Salary: 7,897,135 CFA/year
Contract Type: Indeterminate (Full-time)
Term Details: This position is a Locally Engaged Staff position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Mali.
Job Function: Administrative
Classification: LE – A2
Location: The Embassy of Canada to Mali
Number of Vacancies: Pool creation
Closing date for application: April 10, 2023 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
Summary of Duties:
Embassy Programs (Consular, Development, Foreign Policy and Diplomacy, Common Services, etc. LE-A2 common duties:
- Clerical duties such as making photocopies, receiving telephone calls and visitors and preparing material such as reports, letters, and charts, as well as making travel and accommodation arrangements, scheduling meetings and appointments and assisting with pre-visit arrangements and hospitality events.
- Tracks budget and makes recommendations on travel arrangements.
- Researches and compiles information, verifies submitted documents for completeness, enters data in computerized systems and maintains records, files, lists, and databases.
- Maintains a network of operational contacts with local and foreign governments, service providers, suppliers, organizations and agencies, and local industries to gather information to ensure the mission’s compliance with procedures an regulations,
- Prepares standard documents and forms on different systems for different recipients
- Researches and compiles data, verifies documents and information for completeness/accuracy and identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Provides advice and information to internal and external clients based on the use or adaptation of standard rules, practices and procedures pertaining to various types of requests.
- Responds to routine enquiries for documentation or information related to area(s) of responsibility from internal or external clients, makes referrals to the appropriate party,
- Coordinates meetings, events, schedules or travel,
- Support the Program Manager and program staff in other functions required by the program and within the LE-A2 job descriptions for the respective program areas.
Area of Selection:
This position is open to candidates who have the right to reside and work in Mali, who meet the essential qualifications, the conditions of employment and whose applications are received before the closing date.
This is an anticipatory competition, it will be used to fill vacancies on a term and indeterminate basis in any embassy unit, for up to 24 months following its conclusion.
Please note that The Embassy of Canada to Mali does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education (minimum high school diploma) and professional experience (minimum 4 years performing similar duties as outlined in the summary of duties)
- Fluency in French (oral, reading comprehension and writing).
- Minimum of eighteen (18) cumulative months of experience, within the last five (5) years, with at least six (6) consecutive months working in an office environment in an administrative support role.
- Experience providing services directly to clients in person, electronically and by telephone
- Experience with finance administrative duties
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview (online pre-recorded/live or in-person), role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of administrative office procedures and basic finance administration;
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet browsers.
- Focus on quality and details;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Client focus;
- Teamwork and cooperation;
- Effective interactive communication in French (oral, reading comprehension and writing);
- Ability to set priorities, plan and organize work.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of one or more of the following programs: Consular, Development, Foreign Policy and Diplomacy, Common Services, Security.
- Fluency in English (oral, reading comprehension and writing), for public facing positions.
- Experience working in a diplomatic mission or international organization.
- Experience in supervising employees
- This competition may be used to staff based on needs for specific streams.
- Willingness and ability to work frequent overtime outside normal working hours (e.g. early mornings, evenings and weekends) and potentially on short notice.
- Willing to work in a high-pressure environment
- Respect set work hours and show flexibility with assigned duties.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically/internationally as required and potentially on short notice.
Conditions of Employment:
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
– Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
– Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
The reliability check verification may include personal data, educational and professional qualifications, employment history, credit check, criminal record check.
How to Apply
- You must submit your application using the « Apply online » function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
- Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
- You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
- Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
- Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or which are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to LES-E-Recruitment-BREU@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
- The language requirement for this position is identified under the essential qualifications (language). In consequence, the assessment process for this vacancy will be conducted in French.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates must provide an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks may be sought for candidates who succeeded all of the assessments.
- Please note that The Embassy of Canada to Mali does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, successful candidates must provide a local residence address as proof of residence in the specified area of selection. This information is necessary to issue a letter of offer.
- As recently announced by the Government of Canada, the Policy for Mandatory Vaccination: Canada and the Mission Network is suspended as of June 20, 2022. The Government of Canada will continue to assess the need for additional public health measures, including the possible reintroduction of a vaccination mandate at a later date.
- We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact us at LES-E-Recruitment-BREU@international.gc.ca to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- The results of this selection process may also be used to establish one or more pools of fully or partially qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at The Embassy of Canada to Mali which might arise following the completion of this selection process.
- For Canadian citizens/residents and Canadian dual nationals, please note that it is your responsibility to enquire with the Canadian Revenue Agency about any possible taxation implications linked to an employment with the Government of Canada.