Famine Early Warning Systems Network est une organisation spécialisée dans le domaine de prévention et de réponse aux famines et autres formes de sécurité alimentaire
FEWS NET EWT
West Africa Data Assistant
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) seeks a full-time data assistant for the West Africa region based in one of the three following locations: Bamako, Mali; Niamey, Niger or Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
FEWS NET is an integrated set of activities funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is intended to provide timely, accurate, evidence-based, and transparent food security early warning information and analysis.
Chemonics International (Chemonics) implements the FEWS NET EWT, a team charged with integrated emergency food security analysis through a Washington-based technical office and more than 20 field offices.
The FEWS NET Early Warning Team maintains field offices in Africa, Central America, Asia, and the Caribbean. The data assistant plays an integral role in these efforts by collating and processing data relevant to food security early warning efforts to meet decision support needs. As decision support needs evolve (expanding or contracting), so do monitoring efforts and strategies, requiring additional support and leadership. Data assistants will be responsible for ensuring the collation and processing of data collected by FEWS NET EWT field enumerators and/or monitors that are used as inputs to food security monitoring and early warning analysis.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French is required; other local language skills are highly desirable.
- Prior relevant work experience in the food security space is required. Previous experience with development of data collection methodologies and tools and processing, data quality control and working with NGOs or UN agencies is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, agronomy, agroclimatology, or other discipline that is directly relevant to socio-economic data collection and processing is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Solid experience with statistical software packages is highly desirable.
- Solid experience with Geographic Information System software is highly desirable.
The application deadline for the data assistant position is 19 October 2022. A full scope of work for this position and application information can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies.
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English.
No telephone inquiries.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.