Job Title: Senior IT Officer
Reports To: Project Director, EpiC
Duration: 1 year renewable
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities, and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Senior IT Officer.
The Senior IT Officer provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the first/second line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, servers, network connectivity and remote access. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. He/She works with the US ISS Operations team and US ISS Infrastructure team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades and routine tasks.
- Provides support of computer hardware, software, printers, applications, operating systems, servers and network devices.
- Ensures update of the Bitdefender Anti-virus of servers and clients.
- Performs regular backups of servers, user files, and network shared files
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Maintains the office IT system and upgrades when required or as instructed by HQ
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Manages and collaborates with third party suppliers/vendors where appropriate and ensures that vendor performance and provision of services and quality is in line with FHI 360 expectations that enable FHI 360 to meet or exceed service levels.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of all office devices and end user computing environments hardware, peripherals, which directly support and help manage the end user computing environment.
- Supports organizational wide priorities by ensuring optimal support and timely resolution of incidents
- Demonstrates complete ownership of all incidents or service requests
- Responsible for tracking and progress of all incidents to conclusion
- Identifies and promotes technical and operational “best practices.”
- Trains staff on newly deployed technologies
- Reviews and enforces FHI 360’s policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must speak and write fluent In French and English.
- Moderate understanding of Information Technology industry practices.
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2016, Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange 2013/2016, Exchange online, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
- Telecommunications: PABX, VoIP, voice mail, and peripheral devices
- Server: Windows Server 2008 & 2012, ADFS, WSUS.
- Desktop: Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite 2016, Office 365, MS browsers, Bitdefender Anti-Virus
- Network: Cisco routers/switches, Meraki, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Have a notion on the use of GPS, Thuruya
- Have a good knowledge of security context in Mali.
- Master or bachelor’s degree of Computer science
- At least 5 to 6 years relevant experience.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Application files must include
- A cover letter stating the job title plus salary claim
- An updated detailed CV.
- Certified copies of diplomas and work certificates.
- Contacts of two professional references (preferably Direct Supervisors).
Applications must be submitted by January 22nd, 2023, at 17:00, only via the following email address: Mali.Recrutement@fhi360.org
Please indicate in the subject line of the email the title of the “SENIOR IT OFFICER” position.
FHI360 provides an inclusive work environment and provides equal opportunity without distinctions of race, age, gender, ethnicity, and religion.
Applications from women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews