World Vision Mali recruits the following position (01):
TITLE: Regional Senior Internal Auditor
Contract type: Local
NB : World Vision never asks for payment at any stage of the recruitment
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Purpose of the position:
The Regional Senior Internal Auditor reports to the Regional Audit Manager. The Regional Audit Senior leads and manages a team of professional auditors in the region and provides reasonable assurance to regional and national senior management as well as the Chief Audit Officer that controls are adequate to mitigate high and medium risk to the Partnership.
Major Responsibilities: Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors by:
- Performing the broadest range of auditing issues from start to finish (planning to completion), support larger and complex engagements, potentially one or more assignments simultaneously.
- Performing digital analytics, Collaboration, Tending as means to arrive at audit evidence to support audit findings and recommendations.
- Providing role of Advisor to Senior Leadership in absence of RAM. Evaluate the client’s internal controls using auditee’s Risk Registers, internal control documents, MWRAP; providing input to the audit program outlining the extent of sampling required, schedule the engagement.
- Active engagement with senior management staff within the NOs in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Conducting compliance reviews of organization records to ensure compliance with Government statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment law and any other applicable local requirements
- Ensuring complete and timely engagement wrap-up to include preparation of audit or advisory reports.
- Following up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per audit implementation plan to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
- Carrying out special reviews and investigations were deemed necessary as approved by GC Director for Investigations and RAD
- Maintaining Continuing Education (CPE) by attending online courses or professional seminars and trainings. The incumbent should maintain a minimum of 40 units/year
- Maintaining an audit presence and history of audits per project/grant as needed based on available resources and use of GRC
- Cross cultural and multi faith experience
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new regulations;
- Should have good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Educational level required: Bachelor degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Knowledge in Audit software packages, Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is required and Exposure to various accounting systems).
- Professional accounting qualifications- Partly qualified with any of the following professional certifications (ACCA, CPA, CIA, CISA, and ACFE).
- Must maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered
- Experience: Four (4) plus years of audit experience in public accounting or internal/external audit or WV experience in finance and/or grants
- RBIA: Proven experience in Risk Based Auditing
- English and French. Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience: Good English writing and communication skills
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 50% of both domestic and /international travel is required.
On call: Yes, because this role involves working in a virtual /geographically dispersed / multi-culturally team.
Attitudes and Behaviors:
World Vision reserves the right to disqualify a candidate who has any record relating to child abuse or opposite behavior to child protection, even after the hiring.
How to apply: kindly go to the following website:
* Deadline for submission of applications: April, 20 2018
* Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted
Human Ressources Director P/O