6 novembre, 2018
The company will implement a biodiversity Offset programme in Mako, Senegal in partnership with the Commune of Tomboronkoto and is seeking for a Programme Director. Under the overall supervision of the company Vice President, Programmes for West and Central Africa, the Programme Director is responsible for the overall management and successful implementation of the TOMBO Project, including all technical, financial, human resources and administrative matters.
Manage and Implement the Tomboronkoto Biodiversity Offset (TOMBO) Programme
· Manage and coordinate project activities, including technical ,administrative and financial aspects
· Ensure supervision of the project personnel and ensure effective communication and coordination between the Municipal Council (Commune of Tomboronkoto) and Pettowal Mining Company.
· Provide direction and leadership in ensuring project objectives are met and that all interested parties are well informed about the project activities and goals.
· Ensure the quality of outputs and results are delivered via optimal monitoring mechanisms; establish effective coordination, monitoring, information sharing and reporting systems.
· Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the Project’s quarterly and annual work plans, and quarterly and annual narrative and financial reports, and work with the UK Director of the company to ensure that these reports are submitted to Toro Gold in a timely manner..
· Prepare monthly reports on key project activities, issues and required action points, and 6 monthly progress reports (progress against planned activities, update on risks and issues, expenditures)
· Manage Project administrative and security related activities, monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
· Collaborate with the Director for Governance to ensure appropriate registration and related regulatory frameworks in Senegal.
· Lead the transparent and competitive selection, recruitment, supervision and mentoring of respective project staff. Ensure efficient HR management, conduct regular performance appraisal exercises for project staff.
· Ensure proper professional relationships with relevant local, national and international partner agencies, relevant developing programmes/projects.
· Represent the company and the TOMBO programme as required with all relevant parties in Senegal including at the highest political level, and or facilitate the introduction of the company staff to relevant members of the Senegal Government as required.
Track donor opportunities in Senegal
· Identify donor opportunities for the company in Senegal
· Track donor opportunities and share with the company Program Design and Philanthropy and supervisor
· Set up and oversee meetings for the company senior staff with donors
Help create awareness of the company on-going programs
· Share with the company marketing stories, updates and programme reports for publication in the company materials and externally.
· Supervise staff in Senegal
· Postgraduate (MSc degree) qualifications required in natural resource management, biodiversity and/or protected areas management
· 7 + years in conservation in Africa
· Direct experience in conservation and programme management at a senior level in Africa.
· Fluency in French and English.
· Excellent writing skills, French and English.
· Knowledge of the issues in the relevant area
· Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results focused reports
· Proven experience working with Government, civil society, international organizations and donors
· Knowledge of laws and regulations governing Offsetting NR.
· Knowledge of ecological and development issues relevant to AWF’s programmes
· Ability to work with a wide diversity of partners ranging from communes, communities to government authorities to NGOs to protected area authorities
· Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
· Strong communicator and negotiator
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Ability to fulfil mandatory operations and financial procedures of the company.
Envoyer vos candidatures (CV + lettre de motivation en anglais) à : email@example.com
Date limite : le 15 Novembre 2018 à 17H