Terms of Reference
Final Evaluation for the project:
“New Life, New Hope: A Social Reintegration Program in the Sahel-Maghreb Region”
Search for Common Ground (Search) is seeking a consultant or team of consultants to run a final evaluation of a project across three countries: Morocco, Mali, and Niger. Search is seeking to conduct the project’s final evaluation during the month of June and July 2018, with the aim of measuring the change brought about by the project among its target groups and beneficiaries.
The project, which ends on June 30th, 2018, focuses on improving prison reintegration programs and enhancing collaboration and information sharing between the three countries.
About Search for Common Ground
Search’s mission is to transform the way individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict, away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions. We seek to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities.
Headquartered in Washington DC, USA, and Brussels, Belgium with field offices in 35 countries, we design and implement multifaceted programs that aim to transform conflict. SFCG has worked in Morocco since 2001, in Niger since 2011, and in Mali since 2012.
About the project
‘A New Life, a New Hope’ is a 2-years social reintegration program in the Sahel and Maghreb region (Morocco, Mali, Niger) funded by U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics, and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL).
The goal is to make measurable improvements to prison reintegration programs and enhance collaboration and the sharing of information on prison reintegration between Morocco, Mali, and Niger.
- Specific objective 1: Prison management and staff are better prepared to provide and support successful reintegration programs.
- Specific objective 2: Inmates have enhanced social, professional and personal capacities.
- Specific objective 3: Society is more willing and open to the reintegration of inmates.
- Specific objective 4: Prison and state actors have strengthened cross-national regional cooperation.
Objectives of the evaluation
More specifically, the final evaluation seeks to:
- Measure the state of the project’s indicators after the implementation of activities;
- Analyze the following evaluation criteria: efficiency, relevance and sustainability;
- Extract lessons learned and recommendations from this experience to inform future programming for supporting the reintegration of inmates and the collaboration between Morocco, Mali, and Niger.
Requirements of consultant
The evaluator or team of evaluators for this project should have the following skills and experience:
- Proficiency in English and French (written and spoken), working knowledge of Arabic, Hausa or Bambara is highly desirable;
- More than 5 years of experience in project evaluation or the equivalent in DM&E expertise, including collecting data through interviews, surveys and focus groups;
- Experience working with international organizations;
- Experience conducting quantitative surveys and analysis;
- Understanding of and experience working on security sector related topics;
- Evaluation methods and data collection skills;
- Ability to be flexible with time and work schedule for travel across the implementation countries in June 2018.
For more information on this project and the complete Terms of Reference for this final evaluation, please see this link https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1118
To apply, interested candidates (individuals or teams) are requested to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Short biography/ies of the candidate(s);
- A technical proposal proposing a methodology for the evaluation;
- A financial proposal for the completion of the aforementioned deliverables;
- A copy of one evaluation conducted by the candidate(s) in English.
All application materials must be submitted through the https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1118 by May 30, 2018. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.